Your Source for Fire Safety.
We believe fire risks can be reduced
if products are carefully evaluated in light of how they may actually be used.
We provide assistance to domestic and foreign manufacturers in identifying applicable code requirements. Services include working with clients to establish testing protocols that conform with the appropriate requirements acceptable to code and regulatory officials.
- how to file for code acceptance
- which test(s) to perform
- ways to set up appropriate programs
Building codes are not intended to restrict or favor a given product; their goal is to ensure a safe environment. Manufacturers know their new products and materials better than and before code officials. Want them to accept new products?
Education is key:
- Assist in the education of officials about appropriate code requirements
- Advocate for code approval of new products
Many situations bring clients to us for consulting assistance. We analyze the problem and determine the best course of action. We often intervene with building and code officials on clients’ behalf to help clarify requirements.
Typical issues we handle:
- Client wants to determine the fire safety of their products but don’t know what tests to run
- There isn't a specific code requirement for a product
- The test standard specified by the code cannot be applied to the product
We specialize in the performance characteristics of building materials and systems.
We represent clients…
- At code change hearings
- With standards development organizations
- With research evaluations
- With the product approval process
Improve the first safety of all environments
Meet Bill Fitch, P.E.
Bill Fitch, principal, is recognized nationwide as an expert in the field of building codes and standards.
He has been involved in the industry since 1963. Prior to starting Phyrefish, he was an owner of Omega Point Laboratories, where he was responsible for consulting, litigation, forensic/fire reconstruction, and the listing and labeling program. He managed the development and implementation of new products and systems for Owens-Corning and served as a research associate at the National Institute for Standards and Technology.
A graduate in Engineering from the University of Washington in Seattle, he is a licensed Professional Engineer in Florida and Texas.
Click here for his resumé.
Get in Touch with Us
We’re as close as your phone or email: