Our Lady of the Assumption Cathedral
Photographed in Nicaragua
The Our Lady of the Assumption Cathedral also called Granada Cathedral is a neoclassical Catholic cathedral located in the colonial city of Granada.
The first cathedral temple was built around 1525. But by 1578, the church had already been burned twice. The second temple was completed in about 1751. More renovations ensued. The cathedral as it stands today was completed in its entirety in 1972.
The cathedral dominates Granada’s main plaza.